** This post also contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you purchase a product after clicking on a link at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies: A Timeless Recipe is a beloved recipe that has been passed down through generations. I’m sure that your family has a favorite recipe that has been passed down over the years.
Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies are a staple of every family gathering, from holidays to birthdays, and even just a cozy night in. The soft, pillowy texture and just-right sweetness make them irresistible to anyone who takes a bite. And the best part?
The recipe is timeless, meaning that it has stood the test of time and remains just as delicious now as it was when my great-grandmother first made them.
So, if you’re looking for a treat that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth and bring a little bit of family tradition into your home, indulge in the sweetness of these sugar cookies.
The History of Sugar Cookies
Sugar cookies have been around for centuries and have been enjoyed by people of all ages. The first known sugar cookie recipe dates to the 1700s and was brought to America by German settlers.
Since then, sugar cookies have become a staple in American baking and are enjoyed by millions of people every year.
Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies have been a family tradition for as long as I can remember. The recipe was passed down to my great-grandmother from her own mother, and it has been a family favorite ever since.
The recipe has been tweaked and perfected over the years, but the basic ingredients and steps have remained the same. Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies are a timeless classic that will never go out of style.
1. Ingredients Needed for Soft Sugar Cookies
To make Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
– 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
– 1 large egg
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup sour cream
2. Step-by-Step Instructions for Making Soft Sugar Cookies
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract until well combined.
5. Gradually mix in the dry ingredients until just combined.
6. Stir in the sour cream until the dough comes together.
8. Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand.
9. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden.
10. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
3. Tips for Making the Perfect Batch of Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies
– Make sure your butter is softened to room temperature before creaming it with sugar. This will ensure a light and fluffy texture.
– Don’t overmix the dough. Mix until just combined to avoid tough cookies.
– Use a cookie scoop to ensure that each cookie is the same size and cooks evenly.
– Flatten the dough balls slightly with your palm before baking to ensure that the cookies bake evenly and have a nice shape.
– Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely. This will prevent them from breaking.
4. Variations on Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies – Adding Flavors and Decorations
Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies are delicious on their own, but you can also add assorted flavors and decorations to make them even more special. Here are some ideas:
– Add lemon zest or almond extract to the dough for an extra burst of flavor.
– Roll the dough balls in colored sugar or sprinkles before baking for a fun and festive look.
– Frost the cooled cookies with your favorite frosting and top with sprinkles or other decorations.
– Use cookie cutters to cut the dough into fun shapes and decorate with royal icing.
5. Storing and Freezing Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies
Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies will keep for up to a week in an airtight container at room temperature. If you want to keep them fresh for longer, you can freeze them for up to three months.
To freeze, let the cookies cool completely, then place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. When you’re ready to eat them, let them thaw at room temperature for a few hours.
6. Sharing Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies with Loved Ones
One of the best things about Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies is that they are perfect for sharing with loved ones. Whether you’re baking a batch for a family gathering or just to share with friends, these cookies are sure to be a hit.
Conclusion – Why Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies are a Timeless Classic
Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies: A Timeless Recipe has been a family tradition for generations, and for good reason. They are soft, pillowy, and just the right amount of sweetness.
The recipe has stood the test of time and remains a beloved treat for anyone who tries it. Whether you’re making them for a special occasion or just to indulge in a little bit of family tradition, Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies are a timeless classic that will always be in style.
So go ahead, indulge in the sweetness of Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies – your taste buds will thank you.
**No time to bake Nana’s Soft Sugar Cookies? Let me do it for you! Visit Nana’s Bakery to place your order(s). **
Thank you for supporting my small business!
Nana’s Bakery (To Place Your Orders)