** This post also contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you purchase a product after clicking on a link at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Wilton Bake Even Cake Strips come in multiple sizes to allow you to bake cakes that are up to several inches tall.
As a baker and a cook, I always find myself looking for ways to help me create even layers when baking and serving. If you’ve ever made homemade brownies or even a cake, then you know the struggle is real!
You’ll want to be able to use the full range of heights when you’re baking cakes so you can make them as flat as possible, instead of domed. Wilton created these strips for this very reason, and I find them to be helpful for my cakes.
The other reason you’ll want to use these strips when baking is because they are non-stick and make it much easier to pull the cake pans out of the oven. This can be a great time-saver, especially if you have several pans of cake in the oven, or if it’s a large layer cake.
I also find these strips to be excellent value for the cost. They are made of a purple polyester strip and are oven safe up to 400°F.
When I first saw the Wilton Bake Even Strips, I was ecstatic! It was a meaningful change for me. They save you time and money. No more cutting off the little domes on my cakes. I felt like I was wasting my cake.
Easy to use and clean, and so worth it, these bake-even strips are for all bakers, beginners, and pros alike. You will be wondering how you ever lived without them.
That’s why I’m sharing my favorite Bake with Nana tips for using the Wilton Bake Even Strips. Here’s how you use them. Enjoy! 👩🍳
Tips on Using Wilton Bake Even Cake Strips
- Place the cake strips around the cake pans that you are going to use and tighten them to fit the pans. Then slip them off the pans.
- Soak the Wilton Bake Even Cake Strips in icy water for about 5 minutes.
- Wring most of the water out so they are still wet, but not dripping wet.
- Now set your pans down in them and secure the straps by pulling them on and inserting the strap into the first loop.
- Next, pour your prepared cake batter into pans and place them in the oven and cook for the specified time.
- Take pans out and put them on cooling racks and cool for 5 minutes,
- Remove cake strips from pans and be amazed at the even cake layers with no “little domes!”
- Turn cakes out onto cooling racks to finish cooling and enjoy frosting cake layers that are even that you don’t have to cut off anymore!
Check out the short video of my cakes after using the Wilton Bake Even Cake Strips. Enjoy!
Get your Wilton Bake Even Cake Strips below…
**No time to bake? Let me do it for you! Visit Nana’s Bakery to place your order(s). **
Thank you for supporting my small business!
Nana’s Bakery (To Place Your Orders)
8 Wilton Bakeware Products I Love
Baking Supplies: The Best of the Best